The Orff - Shulwerk Method
The Orff approach to music eduction is a creative teaching method that combines all aspects of the performing arts. A sense of play and active music-making occur through the child's total involvement in rhythm, movement, speech, chant, mime, drama, singing, playing instruments and improvisation. It's a learning setting in which each child's creativity is nurtured and self-esteem is built up.
This is music for the whole person and is related to every area of the child's school experience.
Friday, March 24, 2017. 9am-12:30pm
"Teaching Lifelong Good Habits to Young Singers!"
Presented by Carrie Taylor
Those who work with singers aged 5-12 years old, come learn a variety of new strategies to help our students reach their full potential.!
Mike Mountain Horse Elementary School 155 Jerry Potts Blvd W, AB T1K 6G8 Lethbridge, AB
To register for the workshop please send your information to Megan Peeke-Vout
1. Discovering Orff: A curriculum for Music Teachers by Jane Frazee with Kent Kreuter
2. An Orff Mosaic from Canada edited by Lois Birkenshaw-Fleming
1. Every Child's Right featuring Oscar Peterson
2. English Country Dances for Children by Marth Chrisman Riley
3. Musica Con Molto
1. Carmina Burana by Carl Orff
1. Drumming by David Thiaw
*Members of the Lethbridge Orff Chapter are free to borrow these resources.
Please contact Elizabeth Nevels at firstname.lastname@example.org