"Teaching Young Children to Sing' by Liz Kristjanson Monday October 1, 2018
Workshop with Pam Hetrick Monday January 21, 2019
'Children's Day' Saturday May 4, 2019
The Orff - Shulwerk Method
The Orff approach to music eduction is a creative teaching method that combines all aspects of the performing arts. A sense of play and active music-making occur through the child's total involvement in rhythm, movement, speech, chant, mime, drama, singing, playing instruments and improvisation. It's a learning setting in which each child's creativity is nurtured and self-esteem is built up.
This is music for the whole person and is related to every area of the child's school experience.
1. Discovering Orff: A curriculum for Music Teachers by Jane Frazee with Kent Kreuter
2. An Orff Mosaic from Canada edited by Lois Birkenshaw-Fleming
1. Every Child's Right featuring Oscar Peterson
2. English Country Dances for Children by Marth Chrisman Riley
3. Musica Con Molto
1. Carmina Burana by Carl Orff
1. Drumming by David Thiaw
*Members of the Lethbridge Orff Chapter are free to borrow these resources.